The State of Idaho’s highest honor for law enforcement officers, firefighters and EMS providers will be awarded to:
- Deputy Anthony Glenn – Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office
- Deputy Chad Lenz – Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office
- Officer Malin Reynolds – Idaho Falls Police Department
- Corporal Allen Ashby – Idaho State Police
- Sr. Specialist Gerald Stemm – Idaho State Police
- Firefighter Captain/Paramedic Richard Halligan – Coeur d’Alene Fire Department
- Firefighter/EMT Donald Porter – Coeur d’Alene Fire Department
- Officer Paul Alexander – Idaho Dept. of Fish and Game
- Sergeant John Kempf – Idaho State Police
- Officer Dennis Clark – Jerome Police Department
- Reserve Officer Jason Ewing – Lewiston Police Department
- Officer Dustin Hibbard – Lewiston Police Department
Deputies Glenn and Lenz, along with Officer Reynolds, will receive the Medal of Honor for their valor in apprehending a suspect in Idaho Falls. Officer Reynolds was shot during the incident, and Deputies Glenn and Lenz came to his defense.
ISP Troopers Ashby and Stemm, along with Firefighter/Paramedic Halligan and Firefighter/EMT Porter, will be honored for their heroism in rescuing two children trapped in a car overturned in Fernan Lake.
Officer Alexander will receive the Medal for saving the life of a crash victim whose car went into Black Canyon Reservoir, and was in danger of drowning.
Sergeant Kempf will be honored for his heroism in rescuing a victim from a burning vehicle on I-84 near milepost 195.
Officer Clark will receive the Medal for risking his life to apprehend a suspect during a high-speed pursuit in Jerome, even after being shot in the eye.
Officers Ewing and Hibbard will receive the Medal for saving the life of a victim trapped in a burning apartment building in Lewiston.
“The Idaho Medal of Honor is the state’s highest honor to recognize the extraordinary bravery of law enforcement officers, firefighters and EMS providers,” Attorney General and Idaho Medal of Honor Commission Chairman Lawrence Wasden said. “These twelve professionals have gone above and beyond the call of duty in their commitment to the service of others.”
The recipients will receive the Idaho Medal of Honor during ceremonies at the Idaho Peace Officers Memorial in Meridian at 10:00 a.m. on Friday, May 18.
Click here for additional information about the 2012 recipients and previous recipients.
– End –